Knowing that info doesn't always make it home I wanted to share some testing information for Concert and Symphonic Band members.
1. Tests are always going to be graded very hard.
2. Every test is a chair test.
3. If absent, chair placement is lost. Students must be present to be placed in chair order. A test can always be made up for a grade but chair placement only occurs on that first day of the test. DO NOT MISS A TEST DAY. (We do chair tests almost every week so no drama allowed.)
4. All tests can be retaken for a higher grade. Student can attempt retakes as many times as they wish before the end of the six weeks grading period. A retake can only improve a grade. If a second performance was worse than the first, the higher grade is kept.
5. To retake a test a student can either play for Mr. Dunbar, record at school on Mr. Dunbar’s iPad or iPad record at home.
iPad recording at home - Students can video record as many times as desired and email the best recording to Mr. Dunbar for evaluation. Make sure your face and instrument are visible in the recording. Make sure to say your name and ID number.
Send video recording to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The subject line should be [name of the test] - [first name last name]
(Example: chromatic test - Nicholas Moore)
Playoffs!?! Playoffs!?! (use your best Jim Mora voice here)
As our football team has advanced to playoffs, the first game scheduled is this Saturday November 16. The game is in Corsicana and we are the 'Home' team. Call time for students is 10:30am at MHS and we should be arriving back at the school around 7:00pm. For full itinerary please see the forms and docs section for "Playoffs - November 16."