“The annual MHS Band Banquet is May 30th from 7 pm to midnight. Tickets are $30 for students and $35 for parents and family. Tickets will be on sale after school this week (April 7th) and before the April 8th Band Booster meeting. The banquet program will include a full-color page for each senior who submits a “Senior Will”. There is no cost to submit a Senior Will. Also included in the program are “I Love You” encouragement ads. They are $10 for a half-page black & white ad and $20 for a full-page black & white ad. Both forms are located in “Forms and Docs”. Both are due by Friday, May 9th. Submission instructions are included on the forms.
MHS Tiger Band Booster
2014 Scholarship Program
The Mansfield High School Band Boosters are proud to announce the 2014 Scholarship Program. Beginning March 31, 2014, applications will be accepted for scholarships to be awarded to eligible seniors of the Mansfield High School Band. To be eligible, students must be a graduating high school senior enrolling as a full-time college student in the fall of 2014. Applicant does not have to be majoring in anything related to music in order to be considered for this scholarship program.
Two (2) $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to two (2) individuals based on the following criteria:
- · Academic Performance
- · Extracurricular and Community Activities
- · Leadership and Personal Character
- · Field of Study/Career Goal
The final date to turn in applications is May 2, 2014. Please turn in completed application to the Band Boosters, through the Band Directors. For additional information, please contact the Band Directors.
The 2014 summer schedule (through August) is now available in the forms and docs section of this site.
The 2014 commitment form and packet can also be found in the forms/docs section of this site.
Knowing that info doesn't always make it home I wanted to share some testing information for Concert and Symphonic Band members.
1. Tests are always going to be graded very hard.
2. Every test is a chair test.
3. If absent, chair placement is lost. Students must be present to be placed in chair order. A test can always be made up for a grade but chair placement only occurs on that first day of the test. DO NOT MISS A TEST DAY. (We do chair tests almost every week so no drama allowed.)
4. All tests can be retaken for a higher grade. Student can attempt retakes as many times as they wish before the end of the six weeks grading period. A retake can only improve a grade. If a second performance was worse than the first, the higher grade is kept.
5. To retake a test a student can either play for Mr. Dunbar, record at school on Mr. Dunbar’s iPad or iPad record at home.
iPad recording at home - Students can video record as many times as desired and email the best recording to Mr. Dunbar for evaluation. Make sure your face and instrument are visible in the recording. Make sure to say your name and ID number.
Send video recording to email@example.com.
The subject line should be [name of the test] - [first name last name]
(Example: chromatic test - Nicholas Moore)